Reasons Sedation Dentistry Is Beneficial
At Parkside Dental Care, we know that our office isn’t always our patients’ favorite place to visit. There are many adults who suffer from dental anxiety, and it prevents them from getting the dental care they need and deserve to ensure they have lasting oral health. Routine oral hygiene appointments are important to not only remove lingering plaque from the teeth and along the gumline, but they also allow our team to detect any problem areas in your mouth. Our teeth and gums will continue to decline without regular professional care and timely treatments when a problem is detected. If you or a loved one has been postponing your dental care due to fear or anxiety, dental sedation may be a perfect solution.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry uses medical intervention to help a patient remain in a state of relaxation while receiving treatment. Our office uses two forms of sedation — nitrous oxide and oral sedation. Sedation dentistry can be beneficial to patients who:
- Had a prior negative dental experience
- Don’t like the sights, smells, and sounds of a dentist office
- Have difficulty sitting for long periods of time
- Require extensive or multiple treatments
- Experience nerves, fear, or anxiety when needing dental treatments
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry is beneficial to many patients for a variety of reasons, including:
Allows More Dental Work to be Completed
- If you have a difficult time sitting still for long periods of time and need considerable dental treatments, sedation dentistry allows our team to get the work done more efficiently.
Can Lower Discomfort
- When you are feeling anxious, your body can become tense up and be uncomfortable. Sedation dentistry helps your body remain in a relaxed state.
Patients Remain Aware
- Although sedation dentistry allows you to feel relaxed, you are still awake and able to answer questions and follow directions.
If you are interested in learning more about sedation dentistry and how it can help you get the dental care you need, contact our office located in Montgomery, AL to speak to one of our team members and schedule an appointment. Our team can answer any questions you may have prior to your appointment. We look forward to seeing you soon!